Headings and Footings
You can add a heading to the top of each page of your report or a footing to the bottom of each page using the HEADING and FOOTING options:
HEADING " 'options' text"
FOOTING " 'options' text"
The entire heading/footing must be in double quotes and any options to control format or insert dates and breaks need to be in single quotes. Here are the options you can use with these:
- B - Inserts "BREAK.ON" value in heading (see Break.ON sections).
- Cn - Centers text (when n is included centers on line length of n).
- D - Inserts current date into heading/footing
- F - Inserts name of file into heading/footing
- G - Distributes words in text evenly across the page
- L - Inserts line feed.
- N - Suppresses "enter new line to continue" prompt when LIST is sent to screen instead of printer.
- P - Inserts page number
- T - Inserts time and date
LIST STUDENTS X.STU.FIRST.NAME STU.LAST.NAME HEADING "'C'Nebraska Wesleyan
University'LC'List from the 'F' file'LC'On 'D'"
Nebraska Wesleyan University
List from the STUDENTS file
On Mar 27 2012
STUDENTS.. FIRST....... Last Name.....................
0429148 Malynda Royuk
0467935 Angela Beelaert
0384820 Kristine Cole
0477170 Nathan Corbin
0189038 Sandra Carlson
0183497 Patricia Alcaraz